Leftover Turkey Recipes: Turkey Tortilla BakeJennifer Savor the Thyme
This leftover turkey recipe has more of a Mexican flair and you can use your own tortilla chips or simply make your own from corn tortillas….
Turkey Tortilla Bake
1 teaspoon canola oil
3/4 sweet onion, chopped (about 1/2 small onion)
1 clove garlic minced
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 soup can of 1% milk
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 (9-13 ounce) bag baked tortilla chips; plain or flavored (try lime or jalapeno flavors)
1 (16 ounce) small jar salsa or Pico de galo, brand and heat level to your taste
1 (16 ounce) package shredded reduced fat cheddar, Mexican blend or taco cheese blend
Sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees °F. Break half of the bag of baked tortillas chips into small pieces and distribute evenly onto the bottom of the baking dish. (If you prefer to bake your own tortilla chips: lightly spray the corn tortillas with olive oil spray and lightly salt. Bake for 4 minutes on each side and allow to cool.)
2. Place shredded turkey on top of the tortilla chips.
3. Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté the chopped onion until brown. Add garlic, corn, soup and milk and stir well. Lower the heat to a simmer and heat the mixture thoroughly.
4. Using a spoon,layer half of the soup mixture over the turkey. Top with a thin layer of salsa followed by half of the cheese.
5. Repeat layers one more time. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until hot and cheese is bubbly.
6. Garnish with sour cream (optional) and serve.