Thanks to Disney Magic of Healthy Living for sponsoring this post. Watch their fun for the whole family new video series Dishes Inspired by Disney and click here to get more healthy, magical recipes inspired by your favorite Disney movies.
Watch those wheels speed down the raceway! Those can only be the wheels of Cars’ Lightning McQueen, blurring my vision with a speed so fast it could be called “dizzy!”
I tell myself and my boy if we are going to get through the day we need to fuel up on wholesome foods. I created these veggie wheels in hopes to accomplish just that. The creamy avocado helps hold the whole thing together and keeps it from being dry. Stick a toothpick in each roll to keep the wheels in place. Serve them to the little Lightning McQueen in your house.
Lightning McQueen’s Veggie Wheels:
- 2 – whole wheat tortilla (120 calories)
- 1 – small avocado (smashed)
- 2 - tablespoons jack cheese (grated)
- 1/4 – yellow bell pepper (cut into long strips)
- 3 – inch piece of hothouse cucumber (cut into strips)
- 2 – leaves of lettuce
- Heat tortillas over an open flame until warmed and bends easily.
- Cut avocado in half and remove the pit. Smear half the avocado on each tortilla.
- Divide the cheese equally between both tortilla.
- Add half the strips of the bell pepper, and cucumber to each tortilla.
- Top each tortilla with a piece of lettuce.
- Take an edge of the tortilla and carefully roll into a tube / burrito shape.
- Slice the tortilla into 1 inch pieces, making veggie wheels.
- Stick a toothpick in each roll to keep each wheel in place.
This recipe was inspired by the video for Lightning McQueen’s Balsamic Motor Oil Chicken from Disney’s new series Dishes Inspired by Disney. Check out the video below:
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.