- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups ground beef
- 1 cup ground pork
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring a frying pan to low-medium heat, and add the butter. Gently saut’ the garlic and onion for 2 minutes, until translucent.
Add the remaining vegetables and continue to saut’ until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely.
In a large mixing bowl, using your hands to mix together the cooled vegetables and the remaining ingredients until all mixed together thoroughly. Place the mixture into an ungreased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes.
After 45 minutes, remove loaf from oven, carefully drain out the juices and turn onto a baking sheet.
Place back into the oven and cook for a further ten minutes until the outside has turned a golden brown.
Serve sliced meatloaf over mashed potatoes.
- You don’t have to use the combination of beef and pork – if you prefer, use all ground beef. It works just as well.
- You don’t need to use a loaf pan for this; you could place the meat mixture onto a baking sheet or into a glass baking dish and form it into a loaf shape using your hands.