Lyfe Kitchen is trekking down an innovative path for fast and easy casual eats. Lyfe Kitchen opens its first location in Palo Alto California on October 12th. The good-for-you menu was carefully crafted by top chefs Art Smith and Tal Ronnen. Tal Ronnen is perhaps the “hottest” vegan chef in the nation right now. His celebrity clients include Oprah, Ellen and more. So it’s no wonder that Lyfe Kitchen’s just-unveiled menu is incredibly vegan-friendly. But really, everyone will love this comfort food menu. From grass-fed burgers to Gardein teriyaki bowls – cookies, salads and sweet potato fries. And many of the ‘fast food’ style eats like burgers and fries get a healthy/delicious “Lyfe Kitchen” update. Get the inside scoop on this expanding empire – possibly coming to a city near you!…
Lyfe stands for “Love Your Food Every Day” – and promises to serve up “great-tasting, good-for-you food that is convenient and affordable.”
Even if you aren’t lucky enough to live in Palo Alto, you still may be interested in learning more – since Lyfe Kitchen’s reported plans include opening 250 locations over the next five years. Sounds like a good-for-you food takeover! Perhaps this is the next wave of “convenience” food – fast food gone healthy. Check out some of the offerings on the Lyfe Kitchen menu..
Lyfe Kitchen menu items – nutrition:
* Less than 600 Calories
* Contain less than 1000mg of sodium
* No MSG
* Free of genetically modified organisms (GMO)
* No fryers
You’ll see a very high number of veg menu options – all color-coded with symbols to let diners find vegan options easily.
Check out these vegan menu items: Eggless Tofu Wrap, Breakfast Muffins, Sweet Corn Chowder, Sweet Potato Fries, Chopped Napa Cabbage Salad, Chipotle Orange and Chayote Salad, Ancient Grains Salad, Tal’s Ancient Grains Gardein Teriyaki Bowl, kida almond butter banana roll-up, garb-n-go brownies and cookies and more! Plus many of the menu items can be made vegan upon request!
Other Lyfe Kitchen Menu highlights include:
* Tal’s Ancient Grains Bowl with stir-fried Gardein beef tips and vegetables over whole-grain faro and quinoa with sweet chile ginger sauce
* Art’s Unfried Chicken with roasted kabocha squash, brussels sprouts, dried cranberries and dijon vinaigrette
* Farmer’s Market Oven-Baked Frittata of whipped egg whites with your choice of three toppings including fresh vegetables, turkey sausage or Gardein breakfast sausage and cheese selections
* Art’s Start (Chef Art Smith’s daily morning breakfast) of steel-cut Irish oatmeal with dried cranberries, granola, Greek yogurt and 100% real maple syrup
* BBQ Chicken Flatbread with free-range grilled chicken, sweet yellow corn, roasted onion, cilantro, agave BBQ sauce and artisan cheese
* Sweet Corn Chowder made with cashew cream and topped with fresh cherry tomatoes and chopped herbs
* Eggplant Parmesan with breaded and baked eggplant medallions, topped with pomodoro sauce, melted artisan cheeses, served with garlic broccolini
* Classic burger of 100% grass-fed beef burger with organic romaine, tomato, red onion, agave pickles, agave ketchup and your choice of cheddar, swiss or goat cheese on a special multigrain bun developed for LYFE Kitchen (vegan Gardein option for burger as well)
* Beverage items will include LYFE Kitchen’s blend of artisan, fair trade coffee; fresh squeezed juices; “coolers” with fresh juices and water; smoothies; black, green and tropical iced teas; fresh squeezed lemonades and adult beverages of beers and biodynamic wines.
Tal Ronnen. Chef Tal Ronnen is one of the most celebrated vegan chefs working today. In the spring of 2008, he became known nationwide as the chef who prepared vegan meals for Oprah Winfrey’s 21-day vegan cleanse. He has since catapulted to fame, catering Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi’s vegan wedding, Arianna Huffington’s party at the Democratic National Convention, and the first vegan dinner at the U.S. Senate.
Art Smith is also one of the hottest chefs out there today. He is well known from his appearances on Top Chef and Top Chef Masters and for being Oprah’s day-to-day personal chef. His expanding restaurant empire includes Art and Soul in Washington DC – among others.
167 Hamilton Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94301