Marinating Meats with Hefty Slider BagsKelsey Banfield
If there is one thing I used Hefty Slider Bags for above all others it is definitely for overnight marinating meats. There is simply nothing easier than popping something in to marinate for the day, or overnight, while you go about your business. I prefer using bags to baking dishes because bags are so flexible and they can be nestled into nooks and crannies of the fridge. Baking dishes are so hard because they have to lay flat and I hate it when they are teetering on top of all kinds of jars, threatening to fall over and spill everything.
Here is how I marinate meats with Hefty Slider Bags:
1. Choose meat to marinade. (I often use chicken).
2. Tenderize the meat with a tenderizer or by piercing it with toothpicks. This will help the meat absorb all the great flavor.
3. Place the meat in the bag. Then pour in the marinade and seal the Hefty Slider Bag.
4. Use your hands to swish the meat in the marinade. Then place it in the fridge for at least three hours or up to overnight.
5. When you are ready to serve the meat remove it from the Hefty Slider bag with tongs or a fork and discard the marinade and bag!