These savory miso kale chips have a hint of spiciness, some maple sweetness, zesty lemon and lots of (optional) cheezy nutritional yeast flavor too. Bake or dehydrate them at home and be snacking on a green, vegan, healthy snack in no time! Get the recipe..
Want more recipes? Get 11 Amazing Kale Chip Recipes Here!
Miso Maple Lemon Kale Chips
makes 2-3 cups
1 large bunch green kale
1 heaping Tbsp white miso paste
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp black pepper
a few dashes cayenne (optional)
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
added: 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
1. Turn oven to lowest setting to preheat – around 200 degrees works. (Or dehydrate if you’d like!)
2. De-vein kale and wash + dry leaves well.
3. Mix up sauce in large bowl.
4. Toss the kale i the sauce then dredge the leaves through the nutritional yeast to coat.
5. Lay leaves on a greased baking sheet – or wax paper.
6. Bake until crispy. Depending on how “wet” you soaked your kale this could take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Keep checking and when the leaves are crispy – they are done!
Troubleshooting: The Top 5 Mistakes People Make When Making Kale Chips
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen:
* 14 Meatless Meals for Back to School
* Grapefruit Blue Smoothie
* 21 Recipes to Enjoy Dessert for Breakfast – via oatmeal!
* Peanut Butter Tofu Rice Bowl
* Peanut Mandarin Rice Bowl
* 25 Super Cute Veggie Bento Kids Lunches