Mocha Almond Super Fudge Brownie Barskathypatalsky
These Mocha Almond Super Fudge Brownie Bars are rich and moist and filled with fudge-y chocolate flavor. Accents of coffee and almond (both optional) add some texture and flavor depth to these must-have-them bars. And these indulgent brownie bars are even vegan!..
Mocha Almond Super Fudge Brownie Bars
vegan, fills one 12 x 16 inch baking sheet (high-rimmed)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil, mellted
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
egg replacer: 1 1/2 cups soy milk (room temperature) + 1 tsp chia seeds + 1 tsp flax seeds (or just use one seed)
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (or sub w/ another flour or mixture of flours)
1 1/2 cups organic sugar
3/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
1 1/4 cup almonds (sliced or whole)
sugar + sliced almonds + instant coffee
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Add all the wet ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Toss well.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry bowl and stir well. You could also lightly beat with a hand mixer (fold in chocolate chips and almonds last if you do this.)
4. Grease a large – high rimmed baking sheet with coconut oil.
5. Pour the mixture into baking sheet spreading it around so the a thin even layer coats the entire baking sheet. You could also use a smaller dish for thicker brownies (this would require a longer cooking time.)
6. Add the instant coffee, almonds and sugar over top the batter.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 22 minutes – or until the edges firm up and the center cooks through. The bars will firm up a tad once they cool since they contain coconut oil which helps to firm the bars – especially upon being chilled in the fridge.
9. Allow the bars to cool before slicing. Serve warm or chilled.
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen:
* 14 Meatless Meals for Back to School
* Grapefruit Blue Smoothie
* 21 Recipes to Enjoy Dessert for Breakfast – via oatmeal!
* Peanut Butter Tofu Rice Bowl
* Peanut Mandarin Rice Bowl
* 25 Super Cute Veggie Bento Kids Lunches