I learned how to first bake cake out of a box, and absolutely love it till this day. I selectively choose the box that clearly states “pudding in the mix.” Why would I dare buy a cake mix without pudding in it? As I popped up a box mix not too long ago, I thought “What will this cake taste like if once it’s done we add more pudding on top? I tried my experiment out and was pleasantly delighted. I add a few bananas to the top and a glob of whipped cream and cookies. Let’s just say everyone was happy.
Ingredients for chocolate banana pudding cake:
- 1 – tablespoon butter
- 2 – tablespoons sugar
- 1 – box devil’s food cake mix (bake according to directions on the box: water, oil, eggs)
- 1 – 5.1 oz box of banana instant pudding
- 2 1/2 – cups cold milk
- 3 – bananas
- 4 – cups whipped cream
- 10 – oreo cookies (remove middle filling, then crush into crumbs)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Smear butter into a 9×13 cake pan and grease it entirely on the inside.
- Pour sugar into the pan and shake around to coat the inside of pan. Discard any remaining sugar.
- Mix cake mix according to directions on the box.
- Bake cake for 33 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and allow it to cool for 30 minutes.
- Pour pudding mix into a bowl along with the milk, and whisk for 5 minutes to thicken. Set to the side.
- With a stick or the thin end of a wooden spoon make holes in the cake.
- Pour the pudding onto the cake and spread it evenly on top as if frosting the cake.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Cut bananas into slices and place on top of pudding.
- Then spread whipped cream on top of banana layer.
- Sprinkle oreo cookie crumbs on top of whipped cream as a final layer.
- Place back in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Cut and enjoy!
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.
MORE ON BABBLE
24 sinfully sweet dessert recipes in a jar
41 copycat recipes from your fave fast food joints
8 homemade Girl Scout cookie recipes – Caramel deLites, Thin Mints, and more
10 tasty mug cakes you can make in under 10 minutes
20 indulgent Nutella recipes — pancakes, pizza, hot chocolate, and more!