Neapolitan: Vanilla Strawberry Cake and Chocolate IcingNicole Presley
I have been known to make a cake on a whim, and sometimes when I don’t have a lot of time I’ll reach for a boxed cake mix and spruce it up. I was in a situation recently where I had a little over an hour till guests where going to arrive at my door and no dessert. I looked into my pantry and found a box of vanilla cake mix, I quickly got it in the mixer, then realized I would need other ingredients to make this cake special. Strawberries live by the pound in my refrigerator, so that was an easy choice, and a bag of chocolate chips where found in my baking drawer. An hour later we had a Neapolitan Cake.
Neapolitan Cake 1 of 4
The wonderful flavors of vanilla strawberry and chocolate make this cake a classic, and one you and your family will love.
Pouring 2 of 4
Pour batter into a prepared bundt pan.
Filled And Ready For The Oven 3 of 4
With the back of a spoon or spatula smooth the top surface, then place in the oven for 50 minutes.
Sliced 4 of 4
When ready to serve, garnish with strawberries. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Neapolitan Cake:
- 1 – box of Vanilla Cake Mix (Mix according to ingredients on back of box. ie: eggs, water, oil)
- 2 – cups strawberries (cut into small diced cubes)
- 1/2 – cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 – tablespoons butter
- 1/2 – cup milk
- 1 – cup sugar
- 1 1/2 – cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 fahrenheit. Spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set to the side.
- In a mixer add cake mix and mix according to the back of the box. Then mix in strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake for 50 minutes
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool before inverting onto a cake stand or plate.
- Easy to make the icing….. In a small sauce pan over a medium flame add in butter, milk, and sugar. Mix until all ingredients are melted and completely combined.
- Remove from flame and add in chocolate chips. Mix until all chocolate chips are melted and smooth, then pour over your bundt cake.
- Garnish with strawberries
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.