It’s September, which means it’s back-to-school season! All those new classes can work up a kid’s appetite. Whether you go for a classic milk and cookies, whip up your own potato chips from scratch, or serve up a healthy kid-friendly crudité, we want to see your creations!
Welcome to round 3 of Family Kitchen’s “My Family’s Favorite Food” contest series. Last month we featured your kids’ favorite ice cream sundae. For September you get to show off your best homemade after-school snack!
Read about the prizes after the jump!
The winner of this month’s contest will receive a prize package from Mighty Nest featuring:
• An insulated lunchbox by Beatrix New York (with an adorable ladybug design!)
• A purple glass water bottle by LifeFactory
• A set of stainless steel snack containers by Kids Konserve
• A reusable sandwich sack by Snack Taxi
1. Email a picture of your kids’ favorite homemade after-school snack to email@example.com with your name, contact information, and a little bit of info about the snack! Put “My Family’s Favorite Food” in the subject line. The deadline to enter is 12pm EST Friday, September 16.
How it works:
1. After the two-week submission period (9/2/11-9/16/11) we’ll put all the photos into a slideshow right here on the Family Kitchen and open the contest up to reader votes.
2. Voting will begin at 12pm on Monday, September 19 and end at 5pm on Friday, September 23. The snack with the most reader votes will win the prize pack and be featured on the Family Kitchen, along with the recipe!
Now let’s get munching!
Need some inspiration for after-school snack ideas? Try these 12 healthy snack recipes for kids!