When it comes to keeping your New Year’s Resolution to lose weight this potato chip chicken fits the bill. It is light, tasty, healthy and easy to make! Part of what makes it low fat is the use of low-fat potato chips. I like to use Cape Cod Reduced Fat Potato Chips because they are still nice and crunchy, Baked Lays work well, too. The best part about this chicken, aside from the great taste, is that kids adore it. This means no making two dinners – this is a great one for the whole family!
Low-Fat Potato Chip Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or equal amount chicken tenders
1/2 stick margarine
5 ounces low-fat potato chips
1 medium lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Place a 13×9 baking dish in the oven with the stick of margarine in it.
2. Meanwhile, place the potato chips in a large ziploc bag and crush them with a large bottle or rolling pin until they are tiny crumbs.
3. When the margarine has melted in the dish remove the dish from the oven. One at a time, dredge the chicken in the butter and place it in the ziploc bag. Toss the chicken to coat it evenly with the potato chips. Then place it back in the baking dish. Repeat this step with the remaining chicken pieces.
4. Cut the lemon into 4 or 5 slices and squeeze it over the chicken breast. Then place the slices in the baking dish, nestled between the chicken.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.