Almond butter. Chocolate. Crispy Rice. Rich and light all at the same time, these vegan dessert squares are perfect for a snack or treat. These almond butter-y squares are slathered in a rich dark chocolate coating and totally delicious. You simply assemble and place in your fridge to chill and harden. No bake homemade treat for your sweet tooth! Grab this recipe..
Chocolate Almond Butter Squares
makes about 16 2″ bars
5 cups puffed rice cereal
3/4 cup brown rice syrup*
1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted**
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup creamy almond butter, softened***
1/2 tsp salt
optional: 1/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
1 tsp virgin coconut oil
* Substitute agave or maple syrup for brown rice if desired – however the brown rice syrup makes everything a bit more sticky.
** If you’d like to substitute vegan buttery spread for the coconut oil you can! Just omit the added salt.
*** You can substitute the almond butter with peanut butter or sunflower butter if desired.
1. Combine the brown rice syrup, softened nut butter, vanilla and melted coconut oil in a large mixing bowl. You want to have a thin, liquid mixture.
2. Melt the chocolate chips with the oil on your stovetop or very carefully in your microwave.
3. Add your rice crisps to your nut butter mixture. Fold until all the crisps are coated.
4. Pour your crisps into a wax-paper lined dish. Flatten with a spoon.
5. Drizzle the melted chocolate over top.
6. Chill in the freezer until hardened. Store in the fridge.
More on Family Kitchen:
* 28 Sweet Spring Treat Recipes
* Minty Matcha Shamrock Shake
* 28 Spring Green-ing Recipes
* 90’s Breakfasts Gone Vegan: 23 Recipes (Lucky Charms and all!)
* Easy Lentil Cashew Spread
* Easy Pizza Bread Stacks!