One of my daughter’s favorite snacks is banana bread. And, let’s face it, it is one of my favorite snacks too! The other day we decided to give her favorite bread a chocolatey twist. We just added some cocoa powder and a few chocolate chips and popped it in the oven. It smelled like a chocolate covered banana as it baked – delicious! – and we could barely wait to get it out of the oven. We loved this new added touch to our favorite banana bread. While we’ll stick with the classic recipe a lot too, this is always good for a change up!
1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¾ cups mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9×5 loaf pan and set aside.
2. Pour the cooled butter into a large bowl and whisk in the sugar and eggs and vanilla extract. Beat will until airy. Then stir in the mashed bananas until completely smooth.
3. Fold in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and cinnamon and stir until smooth. Then stir in the chocolate chips until just combined.
4. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 55 60 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean and the top springs back when touched.
5. Allow the bread to cool for about 10 minutes in the pan. Then invert onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Some more posts from The Naptime Chef:
Read more from Kelsey on Kelsey’s blog!