Open-Face Breakfast Bagel Monte CristoBrooke McLay
The ultimate combination of sweet and savory, this recipe is a gourmet treat you can make in minutes! Cinnamon-Raisin bagels are topped with sweet berry preserves, melted brie, salty bacon, and a fried egg for a fabulously delicious dish which makes for a perfect breakfast or brunch!
Open-Face Breakfast Bagel Monte Cristo
- 1 cinnamon raisin bagel, halved and toasted
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup lingonberry preserves (or spicy raspberry preserves!)
- 4-6 sliced port cheese or brie (rind removed)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 2 eggs, fried sunnyside up
Place toasted bagels on a plate. Top with powdered sugar. Spread with lingonberry preserves and cheese slices. Microwave for 30 seconds, just until the cheese begins to melt. Top with bacon and fresh fried egg. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired. Serve and enjoy!