The Oscars 2011 start in just 90 short minutes. Will you be tuning in? The red carpet walk starts at 7:30 p.m. EST/6:30 p.m. CST on ABC, with preshow red carpet coverage over on E!. The Oscars’ Academy Awards presentation officially starts at 8:30 p.m. EST/7:30 p.m. CST. So now you know what time the Oscars will start, what are you planning?
We have last-minute ideas to make tonight a fun, movie-licious, star-studded evening with some quick and easy and Oscar-appropriate treats.
- Movie Theater Caramel Corn: Get into the Hollywood spirit with this tribute to the theaters. Caramel corn and your favorite candies.
- Kettle Corn: Fast and delicious, this sweet and salty combination will go over well as you watch the starts accept their awards.
- Mini Cheesecake Bites: Phyllo shells make the baking time short. Do savory or try these raspberry cheesecake bites for a sweet treat.
- Rosemary Roasted Nuts: Oil, herbs, nuts and a brief turn in the oven.
- Rum Roasted Pecans: Say yum and hello to these easy sweet glazed nuts.
- Baked Brie: A round of brie is extra delicious when you toss it in the oven and melt it for bread rounds or crackers.
- Greek Puff Pastry Appetizers: Puff Pastry makes for an easy and elegant treat.
Want to check out the nominees? Here’s the official Oscars Nominees list. Who are you rooting for?