Pancake Week: Pancake Paraphernaliafujimama
We can’t celebrate Pancake Week without talking about pancake paraphernalia!
Although pancakes really only require a few ingredients and a couple simple tools to make, if you love pancakes as much as the people in my house do, there are all kinds of things to make your pancaking experience even more fun. I’ve rounded up my 6 favorites. Happy Pancaking!
1. Norpro Grip-EZ Granny Fork: I discovered this wondder tool when Dorie Greenspan wrote about it in her August 2009 Newsletter. A favorite tool of Julia Child, the granny fork does everything from mashing (perfect for making sweet potato pancakes!), to mixing, to serving. I find that it is perfect for mixing up pancake batter. It mixes without over-mixing, giving you the perfect slightly lumpy pancake batter.
2. Pottery Batter Bowl: I love this bowl. I think if I had a batter bowl like this, I might have to make pancakes every day. Maybe I shouldn’t have a bowl like this.
3. Tovolo Pancake Pen: I love this pancake pen. Not only does it make it easy to make nice round pancakes without making a mess, but you can make fun shaped pancakes as well! I also love that the bottom twists off so that you can refill from the bottom.
4. Berard Olive Wood Pancake Spatula: I think this spatula is beautiful, and would be great for flipping both regular pancakes, and crepes!
6. Nordic Ware Silver Dollar Waffle Griddle: This pan is on my wish list. It makes silver dollar sized pancakes with a waffle design. I don’t know why, but the thought of little pancakes masquerading as waffles just makes me smile.