Sometimes, you want to make a meal look a bit fancier, when the truth is that you are really using up some vegetables and running low on time. This recipe may seem like it takes lots of effort but I swear, after a bit of assembly line prep, it is rather quick. In fact, you have already covered the vegetable with this one dish.
Here are two more two time-saving tips…..
Time saving tips while the fish is in the oven: #1 Make the relish and #2: whisk together the olive oil and meyer lemon. Set both aside.
Ingredients (4 servings):
4 Tablespoons meyer lemon juice, divided into 2 Tablespoons each
Olive oil cooking spray
¾ cups whole wheat Panko bread crumbs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
4 pieces of Tilapia, approximately 1 lb. total
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1/4 red pepper, chopped
1/4 green pepper, chopped
1/4 dried thyme leaves
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet.
2. Juice the lemon into a low rim bowl and set aside.
2. Prepare breading by combining bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
4. Create the following assembly line’: meyer lemon juice, breading, cooling rack. Spray the cooling rack with cooking spray.
5. Dip the fish into the meyer lemon juice and then coat both sides with the breading and place onto the rack. Repeat until all 4 pieces are done.
6. Bake for 18 -20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
7. While the fish is baking, prepare the relish by combining the corn, peppers, thyme, remaining 2 Tablespoons meyer lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl and mix well.
8. Place relish over fish and serve.