Parmesan-Ranch Oven Fries
Start to Finish:
1 hour, 30 minutes
- 2-3 T. olive oil
- 6-8 new potatoes
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 packet of Ranch salad dressing mix (in powdered form)
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 1/2 c. shredded parmesan
1. Clean potatoes, slicing them into thin spears.
2. Transfer them to a large bowl and pour the beaten egg over the potatoes. Stir together until they are all shiny from the egg.
3. Sprinkle with cornstarch, parmesan, and about 1/2 the packet of Ranch dressing mix (use more or less, depending on your desired level of saltiness). Stir gently to spread the coating fairly evenly throughout the potatoes.
4. Turn potatoes onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake in an oven preheated to 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
5. Using a large spatula, flip the potatoes to the other side and return to oven for an additoinal 20-25 minutes, or until crisp and browned.
Recipe by Brooke McClay. See more of her recipes on Family Kitchen.