Party Food! Chili Quesadillas for Super Bowl, Oscars or Any Night FunOneHungryMama
Every year, right around this point in winter, I go nuts for chili. And I’m always game for trying a new chili recipe. It’s so hard to stick with just one, even when I think I’ve hit the jackpot with the perfect chili. There are so many possibilities and so many ways to use chili for party food (I know you’re planning your Super Bowl and Oscars party menus!) or any night (because shouldn’t dinner always be a party?). Serve it plain, over rice, as chili nachos… the possibilities are endless.
Lately, I’m digging this lighter and super easy-to-make Turkey and White Bean Chili, especially leftovers stuffed into quesadillas. You can’t get better than chili sandwiched between two hot tortillas with melty cheese and the fixings piled high on top (sour cream, guac, red onion, chopped tomato, cilantro and thinly sliced fresh jalapeno for me).
These quesadillas make a fun and — filled with lean meat, beans and avocado — nutritious dinner. They also do double duty as awesome party food. Cut smaller pieces and give these a try at your next party, whether for the Super Bowl, the Oscars or a dinner play date. Delicious!
Here’s what you need:
* Turkey and White Bean Chili
* tortillas, preferably corn, two per quesadilla (you can ever try making homemade tortillas; kids can help and it’s easier than you might think)
* shredded monterey jack or cheddar, I like a combo
* toppings, like: sliced avocado, guacamole, pico de gallo, chopped fresh tomato, chopped red onion, cilantro, salsa vere, sour cream (you can substitute plain Greek-style yogurt)
* butter, for frying them up
Photo: Cat Cora’s Classics with a Twist by Cat Cora. Copyright ©2010 by Cat Cora. Used by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.