Everyone celebrates 4th of July differently, but ultimately the same, under a firework evening celebration. Sparkling and dazzled we awe over the nights’ sky. Where each family differs is in the food department. My family makes all types of different meats on the grill and we have a selection of desserts that fill our tummies as we wait for the evening to approach. My favorite is always pastel de tres leches – 3 milk cake, decorated in a festive way. It melds together the two cultures I own and it taste great that way. I found a method to make pastel de tres leches the easy way and I am glad to share it with you. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Pastel De Tres Leches:
- a box of cake mix (white or yellow) (bake according to instructions- time, temp, oil, eggs, and water)
- 1 – cup of fresh blueberries
- circle cookie cutter (optional)
- 1/2 – cup half and half
- 7 – ounces of evaporated milk
- 6 – ounces of sweetened condensed milk
- whipped cream (I used cool whip)
- fresh strawberries and blueberries for the top of cake
- Mix cake according to package, then add in blueberries. Pour into a 9×13 baking pan. Remove from oven and allow to come to room temperature. Then place in the fridge for a minimum of 5 hours and up to two days.
- If interested in making individual cakes, take a circle cookie cutter and cut out circles in the cake. If not leave the cake whole.
- Poke cake with fork to create little holes for the liquid to drain into.
- In a bowl add half and half, evaporated milk, and sweetened condensed milk. Whisk till combined.
- Then slowly pour the liquid over the entire cake or your individual circles.
- Spread whipped cream on top of cake and then decorate with berries.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.