I’m not kidding, this is one of the best cakes I’ve ever tasted hands down. Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Crepe Cake: Imagine this, chocolate cake that has layers of crepe inside topped with a honey peanut butter frosting and fresh bananas. I am completely in love with this sinful cake and am dying to share it with my Mom. Her and I have the same sweet tooth and I know she is just going to have a “savor each spoonful” type of moment when she has it for the first time, I can almost picture her face. I’ll wait till Mother’s Day to surprise her with it as soon as the sun rises…maybe even a coffee and cake breakfast in bed, it is made with crepes afterall. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Crepe Cake:
- Chocolate cake mix (mix according to directions on box with eggs, oil, and water)
- 12 – ready to use crepes (I use Melissa’s)
- 1 – cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 – cup honey
- 3 – ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line two 8-inch round cake pans with parchment or wax paper and spray the edges with a non-stick baking spray. Set to the side.
- Mix chocolate cake batter according to box instructions.
- Add 4 to 5 tablespoons of cake batter to the bottom of each pan. Spread till cake batter reaches the edges completely.
- Then add a ready to use crepe on top of chocolate cake batter.
- Next add 4 tablespoons of cake batter to the top of crepe and spread till the batter reaches the edges of the pan. Repeat with crepe and so on until you have used 6 crepes total in each pan.
- Always start and end with the chocolate cake batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cakes to cool completely.
- While your cakes are cooling add peanut butter and honey to a bowl and mix until combined. Set to the side.
- Remove parchment / wax paper from bottom of cakes.
- Place first cake on a plate then top with half of peanut butter honey frosting.
- Next add banana slices to the frosting, and top with second cake.
- Spread the remaining frosting on the top of second cake.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.