Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Crepe CakeNicole Presley
I’m not kidding, this is one of the best cakes I’ve ever tasted hands down. Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Crepe Cake: Imagine this, chocolate cake that has layers of crepe inside topped with a honey peanut butter frosting and fresh bananas. I am completely in love with this sinful cake and am dying to share it with my Mom. Her and I have the same sweet tooth and I know she is just going to have a “savor each spoonful” type of moment when she has it for the first time, I can almost picture her face. I’ll wait till Mother’s Day to surprise her with it as soon as the sun rises…maybe even a coffee and cake breakfast in bed, it is made with crepes afterall. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Crepe Cake 1 of 12
One of the best cakes of all time. Don't take my word for it, make it and see for yourself.
Greased and Waxed 2 of 12
Spray edges of two 8-inch round pans with non-stick baking spray and fit the bottom with a piece of wax or parchment paper.
Crepes and Chocolate Cake Batter 3 of 12
The two main ingredients: Ready to use crepes and chocolate cake batter.
First Layer 4 of 12
Start with chocolate cake batter as the first layer.
Add A Crepe 5 of 12
Press the crepe on top of the first layer of chocolate cake batter.
Repeat With Chocolate Cake Batter 6 of 12
Pour batter on top of crepe and spread smooth to cover crepe completely. Then repeat with another crepe and more batter till you've used 6 crepes.
Finish With Chocolate Cake Batter 7 of 12
End with chocolate cake batter as the final layer.
Peanut Butter And Honey 8 of 12
The only two ingredients to make a gorgeous frosting.
Baked Chocolate Cake And PB&H Frosting 9 of 12
Place first single layer of chocolate crepe cake on plater.
Frosted 10 of 12
With the back of a spoon spread half of the peanut butter and honey frosting on top of the first cake.
Bananas 11 of 12
Top with slices of ripe sweet bananas.
Topped 12 of 12
Place second cake on top of bananas then frost the top with remaining frosting.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Crepe Cake:
- Chocolate cake mix (mix according to directions on box with eggs, oil, and water)
- 12 – ready to use crepes (I use Melissa’s)
- 1 – cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 – cup honey
- 3 – ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line two 8-inch round cake pans with parchment or wax paper and spray the edges with a non-stick baking spray. Set to the side.
- Mix chocolate cake batter according to box instructions.
- Add 4 to 5 tablespoons of cake batter to the bottom of each pan. Spread till cake batter reaches the edges completely.
- Then add a ready to use crepe on top of chocolate cake batter.
- Next add 4 tablespoons of cake batter to the top of crepe and spread till the batter reaches the edges of the pan. Repeat with crepe and so on until you have used 6 crepes total in each pan.
- Always start and end with the chocolate cake batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cakes to cool completely.
- While your cakes are cooling add peanut butter and honey to a bowl and mix until combined. Set to the side.
- Remove parchment / wax paper from bottom of cakes.
- Place first cake on a plate then top with half of peanut butter honey frosting.
- Next add banana slices to the frosting, and top with second cake.
- Spread the remaining frosting on the top of second cake.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.