This dairy-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie is light, fluffy, sweet and luscious – with a tangy custard texture, similar to cheesecake. That may be because this recipe is really a chocolatey spin on my vegan recipe for cheesecake. Call it a cheesecake, call it a pie – whatever you’d like! The best part about this recipe is that it looks much more sinful than it actually is. In fact, I would hesitate to call this pie quite good for you. Don’t judge, but I’m eating a rich peanut butter-infused slice right now. And it’s not even noon. Gasp. Pie for breakfast? Go for it..
Peanut Butter Pie. This recipe is vegan. And instead of the usual high fat cream cheese or dairy you will find in pies like this – I use a few healthy ingredients like silken tofu, creamy peanut butter and a soy-based cream cheese. The dark chocolate chips are dairy-free as well. The soy sour cream lends a tangy, bright flavor to the entire pie.
The crust is a chocolate cookie crust. Rich and sweet – a perfect accent to the fluffy, mild peanut butter pie filling.
Check out a few more photos then get my recipe below! Also check out my vegan cheesecake recipe here.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
vegan, makes one pie
8 ounces soy cream cheese (1 tub)
1/3 cup soy sour cream
1/2 cup creamy salted peanut butter
12 ounces silken tofu, drained
2 Tbsp corn starch
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 – 3/4 cup cane sugar (use 1/2 cup for a more subtly sweet pie)
4 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate chips
2 Tbsp Ener-G egg replacer + 3 tbsp water to activate (optional)
1 chocolate cookie crust (pre-made, or homemade with chocolate cookies)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the Ener-G Egg Replacer and set aside. This is an optional step, but helps the fluffiness of the cheesecake.
3. Combine all cheesecake ingredients in a blender (all except chocolate chips) – blend until smooth. Add in egg replacer if using.
4. Pour filling into crumb-lined pie pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over top.
5. Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.
6. Chill in fridge to allow pie to set. You could also serve warm for a custard-style, melted chocolate taste.
Garnish: soy whip cream and vegan chocolate sprinkles.
Grab even more Vegan Peanut Butter Dessert recipes!