If you love peanut butter flavors – you could easily crave this cozy Peanut Butter Tofu Rice Bowl. This recipe merges nutty brown rice and protein-rich tofu and is infused with a delicious miso-peanut sauce. Perfect for a quick, healthy and flavorful meatless lunch or dinner. You can even add in some crunchy veggies like carrots, bean sprouts and more. Rich in fiber from the whole grain brown rice. This healthy bowl is ready in minutes – especially if you take a short-cut and warm up some pre-cooked rice. Get the recipe and satisfy a peanut sauce craving..
Peanut Tofu Rice Bowl
vegan, serves 2
2 1/2 cups brown rice, cooked
1 1/4 cups firm tofu, cubed
garnish: cilantro + chopped peanuts
3 Tbsp peanut butter, salted / creamy
1 Tbsp white miso paste (optional – you could substitute with a splash of lime juice)
2 1/2 tsp agave syrup
3/4 cup water
2-3 tsp tamari or soy sauce (to taste)
optional: 3-4 dashes cayenne powder (for heat)
carrots, chopped or shredded
1. Mix up your sauce using a Vitamix or food processor – you want it to be nice and smooth.
2. Cube your tofu. You can either steam the tofu, use chilled tofu or lightly saute it in a skillet with a splash of oil.
3. Toss the tofu with a spoonful of the sauce.
4. Cook your rice or use a pre-cooked rice packet and heat. Todd the rice with the remaining sauce and fold in the tofu. Add in some veggies if you’d like!
5. Serve warm with fresh cilantro and chopped peanuts over top. Add cayenne to recipe if you’d like a spicy accent.
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen: