Pecan Maple Speculoos Cookieskathypatalsky
These Pecan Maple Speculoos Cookies are infused with one of my new addictions: speculoos spread. My fave brand is the Biscoff version – although you can find speculoos at Trader Joe’s, Le Pain Quotidien and more. If you haven’t tried this creamy, thick “cookie spread” you are in for a brand new flavor sensation. This spread – all warmly spiced and smelling of “cozy” really does taste like, well, cookies. Cookies that have melted into velvety bliss. I was feeling adventurous with my new favorite kitchen treat and decided to change my peanut butter cookie recipe into a speculoos cookie recipe. With maple-soaked pecans on top. The result was a spiced, rich cookie that seemed perfect for serving with tea or coffee. Get the recipe!..
These cookies are even vegan, as speculoos cookie spread is a vegan product.
Pecan Maple Speculoos Cookies
vegan, makes a dozen cookies
1 cup white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup soy milk + 1 tsp chia seeds (egg replacer)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
1/2 cup creamy speculoos spread – Biscoff brand or other, room temperature
note: to further moisten the dough for a more cake-y texture, add in 1/4 cup apple sauce or a large mashed banana
1/2 cup whole pecans, tossed in 2 Tbsp maple syrup + pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Sift together dry ingredients. Fold in the wet ingredients. Adjust with a few pinches more sugar/flour if the dough is too sticky to hand roll into balls. Otherwise, you can chill dough in fridge or freezer for easier handling.
3. Roll into balls, top with maple-soaked pecans.
4. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool.
Serve with some Chocolate Malted Non-Dairy Milk!
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen:
* 14 Meatless Meals for Back to School
* Grapefruit Blue Smoothie
* 21 Recipes to Enjoy Dessert for Breakfast – via oatmeal!
* Peanut Butter Tofu Rice Bowl
* Peanut Mandarin Rice Bowl
* 25 Super Cute Veggie Bento Kids Lunches