Perfect Chocolate Chunk Cookieslaurasrecipes
We all have our favorite ‘go to’ chocolate chip cookie recipe. I have several recipes I use. This one is definitely simple and works very well in our high altitude kitchen. I like to use really good quality chocolate bars and break them into chunks. You can vary the flavor by adding bittersweet or white chocolate to the batter. Or add your favorite chopped nuts.The sky is the limit on variations but the result will always be perfectly chewy chocolate chunk cookies!
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (or 1/2 cup light brown sugar for a rich flavor)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups good quality semisweet chocolate chunks (may break a chocolate bar into chunks by hand)
1. Place the butter in a large bowl and cream at high speed until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until mixed.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda. Add to the butter mixture at low speed until just combined and add vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl down, until blended. Do not overmix.
3. Add chocolate chunks and mix till thoroughly combined. Refrigerate batter until cold, preferably overnight. You can also freeze the batter at this point and cut off the desired amount you would like to bake each time you are craving cookies.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop heaping spoonfuls of batter 2 inches apart on the lined baking sheets and bake, turning tray once, until golden brown around edges and soft (but not bubbly), about 8-9 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.