Perfect Grilling: Pork Chops with Blackberry Sweet & Sour SauceBrooke McLay
Fire up the grill and get yourself a gorgeous set of pork chops. We’ve pulled together three fabulous tips that’ll get you perfectly grilled chops: moist, tender meat with tons of flavor and a beautiful, seasonal sauce drizzled right on top. Check out these three tips for perfect pork chops, then get your grill on!
- Cook Slow. Cooking thick pork chops over low heat keeps them moist and tender! Turn your grill way down to keep your chops moist. Cook until the center of the chops reaches 145 degrees and you’ll have perfectly cooked morsels of pork.
- Preheat Perfection! However, turn your grill to high before putting the pork chops on. Once you put the chops on the grill, close the lid and turn down to low. That way, you’ll get gorgeous grill lines, but won’t dry out your meat.
- Rest Those Chops! Remove pork chops from your grill, place on a plate, and and cover with foil. Allow your meat to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving to keep the juices from running out.
Grilled Pork Chops with Blackberry Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 4 thick-cut pork chops
- 6 tablespoons Market Pantry butter
- 1/4 white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup Market Pantry sugar
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Drizzle pork with 4 tablespoons of melted butter. Salt and pepper each side of pork chops generously. Grill until cooked through, about 7 to 9 minutes on each side over a medium-hot grill.
In a medium saucepan, melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 1 minute. Pour vinegar, sugar, and lime juice into saucepan. Allow to cook until bubbling, then add blackberries. Continue to cook for 3-5 minutes, until blackberries are softened and sauce is thickened.