Pink Lemonade Parfaits!kathypatalsky
Gather up all your favorite pink princesses for a Pink Lemonade Parfait Party! These sassy pink parfaits are filled to the brim with fresh strawberries, chocolate-y cookie crumbles and of course gobs of zesty-sweet pink lemonade pudding. Grab this recipe and have a pink party this weekend..
Pink Lemonade is so fun. It just is. It beats regular yellow lemonade almost any day of the week. So when I set out to make a lemonade parfait, I knew I had to give it the “pink treatment” – a la pink lemonade.
The fabulous part about this recipe is that the “pink” part can really be a number of flavors. You can use cherries, raspberries – or strawberries like I did.
And you can use my pudding recipe below – or simply use your own favorite lemon pudding or custard recipe and add in the “pink” by blending in some strawberries.
Healthier Pudding. I love to make my pudding using protein-rich silken tofu. I love the silky texture it creates and the boost of soy protein is an added healthy benefit. Quite tasty too! My recipe below..
Pink Lemonade Parfaits
vegan, makes 4 tall parfaits
Pink Lemonade Pudding
part 1 – stovetop
3/4 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup pink lemonade
2 Tbsp corn starch
2 Tbsp vegan buttery spread (opt’l)
1 cup maple syrup
Part 2 – blender
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon zest
2 cups strawberries
1 lb silken tofu
*plus the mixture from part 1
1 cup chocolate cookie crumbles
1 cup sliced strawberries
swirls of soy whipped cream
garnish: lemon and berries
1. Combine the stove top ingredients of the part 1 – pudding mixture in a small pot. Whisk together until the cornstarch has dissolved. Bring mixture to a boil – until it begins to thicken. About 2-3 minutes stirring. Remove from heat.
2. In a blender or food processor, add the remaining pudding ingredients (part 2) – also add in the warm mixture from the stove. Blend on low until smooth. Your mixture should be a light pink color. For added “pinkness” you can use your own food coloring or add in more red berries.
3. Crumble some chocolate cookies – any variety – grahams or sandwich cookie round will work. Anything you’d like. Set cookie crumbles aside.
4. Assemble your parfaits: berries, cookie crumbles, pudding, repeat.
5. Chill in fridge until ready to serve – at least an hour so pudding can firm up and cool.
6. Serve with a swirl of whipper cream and garnish of lemon and berries.
..pink plate and flowers optional. but a nice touch.
Serving up more treats almost too pretty to eat? Check out these 14 delectable high tea recipes!