Last year I attended a luncheon hosted by Stonyfield CEO Gary Hirshberg and when we left, we were given a bag with some products inside and one of them was a bowl with a tag that said ‘Preserve Kitchen’.
The tag indicated that the bowls were recycled…..
Preserve® makes stylish, high performance, eco-friendly products made from recycled plastics including Stonyfield yogurt containers . In fact these are my children’s favorite bowls (I had to buy a second) and they still request them the mornings they have cereal for breakfast.
The companies core principles are:
- Preserve products are made from 100% recycled plastics and 100% post-consumer paper. By using recycled materials, we save energy, preserve natural resources and create an incentive for communities to recycle.
- All of our plastic products are recyclable, either through our postage-paid labels and mailers (toothbrushes and razor handles) or at the curb in communities that recycle #5 plastic.
- We make our products in the USA, so that we can ship them shorter distances, using less fuel and limiting our environmental footprint.
- We don’t test on animals. Period.
- Preserve products are made to last—and to look good doing it.
They also have a ‘gimme 5′ program is a way for you to recycle #5 plastics which most communities do not collect for recycling. You can find out more on their website and even ‘like’ them on Facebook.