I’ve been a in a snacky mood lately. I crave chocolate, sometimes a Nutella-banana combo, and I’m always craving a crunch. I had to remedy this mood of mine with a perfect fixing of all those flavors combined into one. I started to imagine Nutella sandwiched between two slices of banana, with a pretzel stuck somewhere in between, then I wanted them dipped in chocolate too. How was I gonna dip? I thought, “I’ll stick a toothpick in them and that will keep me from having to touch the actual bananas with my fingers.” It worked perfectly and when I placed them down to harden they looked like little kickstands.
Pretzel Banana Nutella Kickstands 1 of 7
Try these banana and Nutella pretzels covered in chocolate that I have adoringly named kickstands. Scroll through for a simple instruction on how to do it.
Sliced 2 of 7
Place a little drop of Nutella on top of each slice of banana.
Pretzel Top 3 of 7
Place a pretzel on half of the banana slices.
Toothpick 4 of 7
Place the other half of banana slices on top of pretzel slices and stick a toothpick in each sandwich.
Melted Chocolate 5 of 7
Hold the sandwich by the tooth pick to drench in chocolate.
Pour 6 of 7
With a spoon pour chocolate over each sandwich.
Harden 7 of 7
Lay each sandwich on it's side to harden.
Ingredients for pretzel banana nutella kickstands:
- 2 – bananas
- pretzels (mini)
- 1 – cup chocolate chips
- 1 – tablespoon coconut oil
- Slice banana into 1/2 inch slices. Place all the slice on a tray.
- Place a little dollop of Nutella on top of each slice of banana.
- Top 1/2 the slices with a mini pretzel.
- Then with the other half of banana slices top the pretzels to sandwich.
- Stick a toothpick into each sandwich, and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate and coconut oil together.
- Pour melted chocolate over each sandwich then shake off the excess chocolate.
- Place each sandwich on it’s side to balance on a piece of wax, and allow to harden.
- Once chocolate is hard…. EAT THIS NOW!
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.