While cooking Corned Beef and Cabbage in the crockpot or slow cooker is one of the most common ways to cook up this traditional Irish meal, there is a faster way. And the results are just as good–if not better!–than those you’d get from a whole day of slow cooking. This comes as good news to those of us who rushed into the office early, forgetting a slew of errands, and most certainly failing to set the timer on dinner. No worries! With this simple microwave method, you can cook Corned Beef and Cabbage right in your microwave. It’s tender, quick, simple, and totally tasty. You won’t believe the results!
Corned Beef and Cabbage in the Microwave
- 1 (2-3 lb) Corned Beef brisket
- 1 corned beef spice packet
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- splash vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup beef broth
1. Place your corned beef in an oven bag or a microwave-safe baking dish which has a lid.
2. Add the remaining ingredients in the space around the corned beef.
3. Tie the bag in a knot. Cut two or three small slits in the bag (or cover yourbaking dish with the lid leaving just a single corner loose), then microwave it on high for 10 minutes.
4. Reduce your microwave power to 60% (level 5 or 6) and cook it an additional 20 minutes. Allow the meat to stand for 30 minutes before serving.
Interested in purchasing Corned Beef online? Omaha Steaks carry’s the beautiful cut you see in the photo above. Don’t miss their quick delivery of high quality meats right to your front door.