Quinoa is an ancient grain and is considered a superfood. If that is the case, I want to eat it first thing in the morning to help my day GO! I have paired it with fresh fruit and a honey yogurt for sublime results. The morning parfait is full of protein and gives me a good amount of energy to start my work day. I decided to give it the name “parfait”, since that means “perfect’ in French. Enjoy it first thing in the morning, or as an evening snack.
Ingredients for quinoa yogurt berry parfait:
- 1 – cup water
- 1/2 – cup uncooked quinoa
- 32 – ounce honey or vanilla low fat yogurt
- 20 – strawberries (cut into 4′s)
- 1/2 – cup blueberries
- 1/2 – cup raspberries
- 2 - tablespoons honey
- In a small pot over a high flame add water and quinoa. Allow the mixture to come to a rolling boil. Then cover with a lid and lower the flame down to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain quinoa out of pot and into a strainer. Rinse under cold water to bring to room temperature. Allow to drain completely.
- Take 4 cups and place a heaping tablespoon of quinoa at the bottom of each cup.
- Top with 1/4 cup of yogurt, in each cup.
- Add a sprinkle of berries into each cup.
- Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon honey on top of the berries.
- Repeat the process till all cups are filled with quinoa, yogurt, and berries.
- Cover and place in the fridge over night.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.