Thanks to Disney Magic of Healthy Living for sponsoring this post. Watch their fun for the whole family new video series Dishes Inspired by Disney and click here to get more healthy, magical recipes inspired by your favorite Disney movies.
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It helps you get nourished, ready to learn, and ready to conquer your day. Each morning I tell my son if he eats his breakfast it’s like being on cruise control, because it’s fuel for the body. The first time I said that to him, he turned and looked at me and asked “what’s cruise control?” I explained to him it’s when a car goes the same speed for a long time and it doesn’t change. Then he said “Like when Lightening McQueen is racing?” I said “Exactly! Eat your oatmeal and you’ll have enough energy to go all day long….like cruise control.”
Radiator Springs Cruise Control Oatmeal:
- 2 – cups water
- 1/2 – cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 – cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 – cup no sugar added applesauce
- 1/8 – teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 – teaspoons brown sugar
- In a pot over a medium flame add in water and bring to a boil.
- Add in quinoa, cover pot with a lid and lower flame to a simmer. Simmer quinoa for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add in the oatmeal, place the lid back on the pot and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from flame and allow the pot to sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix in applesauce, cinnamon, and sugar.
This recipe was inspired by the video for Lightning McQueen’s Balsamic Motor Oil Chicken from Disney’s new series Dishes Inspired by Disney. Check out the video below:
For the full Lightning McQueen’s Balsamic Motor Oil Chicken recipe, visit Spoonful!
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.