Rib Eye Fillet Steaks with Red Wine Sauce
Egg free, Gluten free, Lactose free,
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 x 8oz beef rib eye fillet steaks
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef stock (gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat a non-stick frying pan to high heat. Brush steaks with oil and cook as desired (3-4 minutes each side for medium).
Remove to plate, cover with foil.
Heat pan over high heat and pour in wine, simmer until reduced by half (about 5 minutes), pour in stock, return to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add butter and pepper to taste.
Serve steaks in a lake of sauce with some mash and a green side dish.
- Rib eye fillet steak is a real treat – expensive but oh so tender.
- A very quick and impressive entertaining dish (make the sauce in advance).This makes quite a lot of sauce, I usually have enough left over to freeze some and use some more to flavor a soup or casserole.
- This makes quite a lot of sauce, I usually have enough left over to freeze some and use some more to flavor a soup or casserole.
- If you prefer a thicker sauce, simmer longer and maybe thicken with 1 tablespoon corn flour dissolved in cold water.
- Try other flavors in the sauce: tomato paste, mushrooms, bacon, onion, garlic or tomatoes.