I am bonkers for cauliflower, and especially roasted cauliflower. I can eat it in my salads, or as a side dish to my chicken, or cut into a steak as the main dish. My Mom is a vegetarian and always appreciates when something with a little effort is placed in front of her at dinnertime. I know my Momma loves her veggies and she also loves her food spicy. Today I made roasted cauliflower steaks in a cilantro jalapeno sauce as a little surprise for her at dinner. She loved it, and said she could eat an entire cauliflower if it were prepared this way. Here is my recipe for a Latin-style cauliflower steak. Enjoy!
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks 1 of 10
This is quickly becoming a family favorite in my house. So simple and tasty. Click through the slideshow to see exactly how.
Easy Ingredients 2 of 10
It doesn't take much to make this gorgeous main dish.
Hot Jalapeno 3 of 10
Oil up a jalapeno and place over an open flame until skin is burned / charred.
Spicy Green 4 of 10
Add ingredients for sauce in food processor, and pulse until finely chopped.
Finely Chopped 5 of 10
The sauce will resemble spinach. Scoop out of food processor and set to the side.
Chop 6 of 10
Cut cauliflower into 2 inch slices.
Cauliflower Steaks 7 of 10
Cut as many steaks out of the cauliflower as possible.
Olive Oil 8 of 10
Brush baking sheet and cauliflower with olive oil and sprinkle with ground pepper and sea salt. Bake!
Drizzle 9 of 10
Remove steaks from oven and plate them. Drizzle with cilantro jalapeno olive oil and cilantro jalapeno sauce.
Enjoy! 10 of 10
Serve cauliflower steaks as a main dish.
Ingredients for roasted cauliflower steak in a cilantro jalapeno sauce:
- 1/8 teaspoon – vegetable oil
- 1 – jalapeno
- 1 – bunch of cilantro (stems cut off)
- 3 – garlic cloves
- 1 – teaspoon salt
- 4 – tablespoons olive oil
- 1 – large cauliflower
- ground black pepper
- sea salt
- optional: cilantro jalapeno olive oil
- Rub vegetable oil on jalapeno, and then set jalapeno on an open flame to char skin.
- Once jalapeno skin is nice and burned, cut off the stem and add jalapeno to a food processor with cilantro, garlic cloves, salt, and two tablespoons of olive oil. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Remove cilantro / jalapeno mixture from food processor and place in a bowl. Set to the side.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse and cut cauliflower by removing the bottom stem and leaves, and then slicing into 2-inch slices.
- Prepare a baking sheet by brushing a tablespoon of olive oil on it.
- Place cauliflower steaks on a baking sheet, then brush the tops with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper and sea salt to your liking.
- Bake on one side for 15 minutes, then remove steaks from the oven and flip them over, and bake for an additional 10 minutes on the other side.
- Remove from oven and place on a plate. Dollop with cilantro jalapeno sauce, then drizzle with cilantro jalapeno olive oil.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.