Makes: 1 dozen cookies
Brownie Batter Frosting
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
In a stand mixer, whip butter and sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add cocoa powder, flour, vanilla, and salt, and whip until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
Salted Triple Chocolate Brownie Batter Cookies
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 batch Brownie Batter Frosting, divided in half
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate candy melts
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a stand mixer, combine the egg yolk and ½ of the Brownie Batter Frosting and whip until incorporated. Add baking soda and flour, and continue mixing until smooth, about 2 minutes.
2. Scoop tablespoon-sized balls of cookie batter onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 8—10 minutes. Do not over bake or cookies will be hard.
3. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack. Once cool, frost each with a small dollop of the remaining Brownie Batter Frosting.
4. Heat dark chocolate candy melts in the microwave in 30-second intervals until melted and smooth. Carefully spoon about 2 teaspoons of chocolate over each frosted cookie to cover the frosting, then sprinkle with a few crystals of coarse sea salt.
Photos courtesy of Matt Wittmeyer Photography