Scrapbooking, Picnics & More: 10 Activities to Get Kids Outside This Summer!Kelsey Banfield
One of the most important things about summer is getting the kids outside. There is nothing more necessary — in my family at least — than getting kids outdoors to exercise, be healthy, and just have fun. One of the ways we do this is make little lists of fun things we all want to do together as a family. This includes all kinds of cool and interesting activities, both old and new. Here is a sneak peak at our list this summer!
1) Make a gigantic dribble castle at the beach: There is nothing more fun than dribble castles with little kids which is why we have it at the top of our list. We love to load up our buckets and take them off to the beach!
2) Have a picnic at the playground: Sometimes we love to pick up some great food to take to the playground. This summer I’ll be taking the kids to Wendy’s and picking up this awesome Berry Almond Chicken Salad. It is the perfect light salad for me to enjoy while running around with the kiddos!
3) Practice bike riding: This summer my daughter is dying to get her training wheels off!
4) Take lots of pictures for scrap-booking: We are big fans of documenting family fun. This summer I plan to use the Wendy’s scrapbooking app to make some awesomely fun books that we can keep forever.
5) Practice tennis: We love tennis so much and we often bike to the courts near our house.
6) Practice swimming: Bobbing around in the pool is great fun. My daughter adores breaking out the noodles and beach balls and splashing around for hours. It is such healthy exercise and it makes her a stronger, safer swimmer.
7) Make popsicles: There is nothing as refreshing as an awesome summer popsicle. After our wonderful picnic we definitely plan on making some popsicles with fresh fruit in our popsicle makers.
8) Keep a flower journal: One of our favorite things to do when hiking is collect flowers and leaves we like (being careful of poison ivy of course!) and pressing them in journals.
9) Set up a lemonade stand: Who doesn’t love a lemonade stand? We can’t wait to set up a lemonade stand and sell our delicious homemade lemonade for 5cents a cup.
10) Catch fireflies: My daughter is dying to see her first fireflies. This year I promise she can stay up to see them at least once a week.