Simple Seafood Linguinilaurasrecipes
Looking for a simple weeknight supper that makes you feel like you’re out to dinner? Look no further than this simple, fresh and delicious seafood linguini. I used a little king crab and jumbo shrimp but you can add whatever seafood you enjoy. Scallops.. mussels… the sky is the limit!
- 8 ounces dried linguini pasta
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup yellow or red cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 – 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb king crab meat *optional
- 10 basil leaves, torn plus a few for garnish
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan reggiano cheese
- lemon wedges for garnish, optional
1. Bring a large pot of water (salted) to boil over high heat. Add the linguini and cook until it is al dente (about 10 minutes.) Drain the pasta, set aside. Also reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water. You’ll need it for the sauce later.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and add the bell peppers, garlic and onion. Cook until just tender (about 3 minutes.) Add the wine (and if you’re cooking mussels this is a good time to add them and cook about 2 minutes until they open.) Also add reserved pasta water, tomatoes, butter and shrimp and cook until the shrimp are just pink (about 2-3 minutes depending on the quantity and size of the shrimp.) Don’t over cook them or they will be tough! Then add the linguini to the seafood/sauce mixture and cook until the sauce begins to thicken slightly and stick to the pasta. Stir in crab meat (if you’re using it) the basil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Serve the pasta and add more basil and grated parmesan and lemon wedges.