Smoked Paprika Roasted Sweet PotatoesNicole Presley
I remember the first time I had sweet potatoes, they were mashed and served on the side of a piece of chicken. I loved the combo and have been enjoying different variations of sweet potatoes ever since. Experimenting with cooking techniques and coming to love the sweet potato was not a hard task. The recipe I provide here is very easy and one I absolutely adore. The addition of smoked paprika blends nicely with the creamy sweet taste of the orange hued potato that is always celebrated at my holiday table as an ideal side dish. Enjoy.
Ingredients for Smoked Paprika Roasted Sweet Potatoes:
- 2 – large sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes, about 4 cups)
- 4 – cloves of garlic (peeled and cut into long slivers)
- 3 – tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 – tablespoon of dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 – teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 1/2 – teaspoon black pepper
- 1 – teaspoon Lawry’s seasoning salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit
Toss all ingredients in a large bowl
Then spread potatoes on a baking sheet. Make sure to spread them out evenly.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Then remove from oven and with a spatula toss the potatoes on the baking sheet.
Put them back in the oven for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
Read more from Nicole Presley on her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.