Snowman Marshmallow Crispieskathypatalsky
Here is a quickie holiday treat for anyone who loves a sweet snowman. These Snowman Marshmallow Crispies are easy to make and fun to decorate. Build a snowman without ever putting on your winter coat, hat and gloves! This is a fun snowy season activity you can enjoy from inside your warm kitchen..
Try my Vegan Snowmen. I made my crispy treats using vegan ingredients. It’s easy to veganize your classic marshmallow treat recipe:
* sub out butter and use Earth Balance vegan butter.
* sub out marshmallows for “Dandies” vegan marshmallows. Find them at Whole Foods.
* I like to use brown crisp rice cereal
That’s it! Easy and my vegan version tastes just like the classic. Try my version, or make snowmen from the classic recipe as well.
vegan, makes 15 mini men or 10 medium men
1 bag of Vegan Marshmallows, 10 ounces
6 cups brown rice crisps (or white rice)
1/2 vegan buttery spread
optional: splash of vanilla extract
optional: add 1/4 tsp peppermint extract for cool minty marshmallow men!
1. In a sauce pan, melt the buttery spread, marshmallows and pinch of salt over medium heat. When the marshmallows are liquid, yet still a bit clumpy, turn off the heat.
2. Pour in your rice crispies and start folding and stirring until the crispies are completely coated.
3. Line a bordered baking sheet or long casserole dish with wax paper (or use spray oil) and start pouring the crispy mixture into the container.
4. Smooth out the crispies until you get a nice flat surface.
5. Cover crispy sheet with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to harden. At least 2-3 hours.
6. Tools. You can either use a traditional snowman cookie cutter, or get ‘crafty’ and choose three different sized circle cutters. Good options include: round cookie cutters, cups, bottle caps (deep not shallow), spice jars, empty medicine bottles (well-rinsed!), condiment bottles, mini funnels, pastry tube tips and such. Look around the kitchen, and see what you can find. If you can find shapes with a hollow top and bottom, you will have a much easier time popping the shapes out of the mold. You will also need a nice pile of toothpicks to hold the men together if standing up to display – remove toothpick before serving.
7. Remove your crispies from the fridge and start popping out shapes. The colder the crispies, the easier your shape-making will be.
8. Assemble the snowmen. Decorate as desired.
9. Stick the completed snowmen back in the fridge to fully harden – if needed. Serve and enjoy Caution: Be sure to remove the toothpicks carefully before eating. Be sure to tell people you have placed toothpicks in the crispies (if you serve them toothpicks-in).
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen:
Try my Coconut Snowball Cookies