I adore the tender, rubbery texture of a summer roll. Whether filled with traditional veggies, or shrimp, they make a light, satisfying meal. So, this fun twist, filled with grilled chicken, avocado, tomatoes, and onions, and topped with a creamy spicy chipotle BBQ sauce turns a summer roll into a Southwestern-inspired treat!
Southwest Chicken Summer Rolls with Spicy Chipotle Sauce
- 6 spring roll wrappers
- 1 grilled chicken breast, sliced into thin pieces
- 2 avocados, sliced thin (optional)
- 1 large tomato, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh corn, optional
- 1/2 purple onion, chopped
- 2 cups arugula, tossed with a drizzle of vinegar & olive oil and salted
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons bbq sauce
- 1/2 chipotle pepper in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
Prepare a large bowl of hot water. Gently place one spring roll wrapper into the hot water and allow to soften for 20-30 seconds. Remove and place on a parchment-lined cutting board. Layer chicken, a few avocado and tomato slices, corn, onions, and arugula in the center of the wrapper. Salt lightly. Gather two sides of the spring roll together in the center, then roll tightly and press gently until the wrapper seals onto itself. Transfer to a plate.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, bbq sauce, and adobo pepper. Drizzle over rolls. Garnish with cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
Read more from Brooke on her blog, Cheeky Kitchen.
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen: