Speculoos Pecan Maple Cheesecake.kathypatalsky
Here is a fall-spin on a plain old cheesecake. This Speculoos Pecan Maple Vegan Cheesecake has a “praline pecan-ish” flavor to it and the subtle yet cozy flavors of maple, cinnamon and vanilla infuse each creamy bite. If you are a fan of cookie butter, Biscoff spread, speculoos – or whatever else you want to call it – give this fall-friendly recipe a try. No bake – just chill and serve.
Speculoos Pecan Maple Cheesecake
vegan, makes one pie
2 containers vegan cream cheese (16 ounces total) (room temperature for easy blending)
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup maple syrup (or maple syrup, or brown rice syrup)
1/3 cup speculoos spread
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
splash of non-dairy milk as needed to get blender moving
sprinkle in: 1/4-1/2 cup chopped or whole pecans, raw
crust: vegan graham cracker crumbs, crushed
Topping Add-in: whole pecans
1. Prepare your crust and set dish aside.
2. Add all ingredients (except the coconut oil) to a high speed blender like a Vitamix. Blend until creamy.
3. Continuing to blend the filling, slowly pour the melted coconut oil into the blender while the blender is on the lowest setting. Do a taste test of filling and adjust salt as needed.
4. Pour filling over top crust. Sprinkle pecans over top that. Press into filling so they sink a bit.
5. Cover and chill in fridge overnight or at least about 4 hours – or until firm enough to slice.
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen: