If you’re looking for a few quick and easy Halloween treats, Duncan Hines has a whole set of ideas for you that are sure to impress. Creations like this ingenious pumpkin Bundt cake are sure to be a hit are your holiday party.
There are werewolf cupcakes and creepy crawly ones too, and if that’s not enough, try out the whole line of other pumpkin desserts you can make. I’m loving the pumpkin angel food with spiced whipped cream.
Spice Pumpkin Cake
1 package Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Spice Cake Mix
2 large eggs
1 cup water
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup chopped nuts
2 tubs Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting
green, red and yellow food coloring
1 cake style ice cream cone
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 10-inch Bundt pan.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs, water and pumpkin in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Stir in nuts. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Cool completely.
4. Measure 1/4 cup frosting into small bowl. Tint with green food coloring. Place ice cream cone upside down on waxed paper. Frost with green frosting. Refrigerate.
5. Tint remaining frosting with red and yellow food coloring until frosting is desired orange color. Measure 3 tablespoons orange frosting in small bowl; add green food coloring to brown frosting
6. Frost cake with orange frosting. Make eyes, mouth and nose with brown frosting as desired on pumpkin. Place green frosted ice cream cone in center hole of cake for stem.
Makes 12 to 16 servings