Spicy Asian Noodle Salad With Pickled Veggies And ChickenNicole Presley
I don’t know about you, but the heat has made it’s presence known here in my city of Los Angeles. The temperature has reached 87 degrees for the last two days, and when it’s hot I find it so hard to be in the kitchen. I have been craving Asian noodle salad and though why not take a stab at it. My family said it was one of the best they ever had. Spicy Asian noodle salad with crunchy pickled veggies, shredded chicken, chopped peanuts and green onions was born.
Spicy Asian Noodle Salad 1 of 11
This cold Asian noodle salad will become the favored spring and summer dish.
Grated Ginger 2 of 11
Peel the ginger with the back of a spoon, then grate. This will make all the difference in the world to your salad.
Sauce Ingredients 3 of 11
Combine in a bowl. Feel free to add more chile if you like it a little more spicy.
Mix It 4 of 11
Give the ingredients a good swirl to combine and mix.
Veggie Pickling 5 of 11
Add the veggies into Sriracha/vinegar mixture, and stir to coat.
Bean Thread Noodles 6 of 11
Here is a picture of what the package of noodles looked like. No instructions in English, but how to pictures on the wrapper.
Noodles In Boiling Hot Water 7 of 11
Let the noodles soak in hot water for 15 to 17 minutes. Removed from flame.
Run Under Cold Water 8 of 11
Drain noodles from hot water and run under cold water.
Add Noodles To Veggies 9 of 11
Add drained cold noodles to veggies and sauce.
Combine Noodles And Veggies 10 of 11
Mix together then top with chicken.
Spicy Asian Noodle Salad Perfect For A Warm Day 11 of 11
Ingredients For Spicy Asian Noodle Salad:
- 3 – tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 – tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 – limes (juiced, about 5 tablespoons)
- 2 – tablespoons honey
- 4 – tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 – tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 – tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 – hot house cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 2 – carrots (shaved/ribboned into strips)
- 6 – radishes (thinly sliced)
- 3 – stalks of baby broccoli (heads only)
- 8 – oz bean thread noodles
- 1/3 – cup peanut or vegetable oil
- 3/4 – cup cilantro
- 1 – cup salted peanuts (chopped)
- 1/4 – cup green onion
- 1 – cup shredded cooked chicken
- Add ginger, sriracha, lime juice, honey, rice vinegar, minced garlic, and soy sauce to a large bowl and mix together.
- Add cucumber, carrots, radish, and baby broccoli to sriracha/vinegar mixture. Mix well and let marinate for 30 minutes minimum. Set to the side.
- Fill a large pot half way with boiling hot water, then add noodles to water and let them sit in the hot water for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Drain the noodles from hot water and run under cold water until noodles turn cold. Set to the side.
- Add oil, cilantro, peanuts, and green onion to the veggie / sriracha mixture and give a good stir.
- Add cold noodles to veggie / sriracha mixture, mix until combined then top with chicken.
- Place in the refrigerator for up to 3 hours or overnight.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.