Here is a fun and easy Halloween treat to keep you in a spooky mood. These rich chocolate Spooky Spiderweb Brownie Bites can be made in a flash. Simply pair your favorite brownie recipe or mix with these simple instructions – or try my vegan/gluten free recipe. A sweet cream cheese swirl and a simple toothpick creates this creepy web effect. Kids can help out with this recipe. Infuse some ghoulish fun into each brownie bite this Halloween!..
In need of a fast and easy “spooky dessert” party teat? Whip up a quickie batch of brownies and my maple-cream cheese swirl sauce. In just a few minutes you’ll have a platter of warm and gooey chocolate brownie bites – with a Halloween party spin.
For the brownies, you can use your favorite recipe, use a simple boxed mix or try mine below. For the cream cheese swirl, use my dairy-free version below or sub in with your own cream cheese swirl sauce recipe. You’ll need a toothpick and something to pipe the swirl with. I used a very simple plastic baggy filled with the swirl sauce and a tiny hole cut in a corner to properly squeeze out.
Spooky Spiderweb Brownie Bites
vegan, gluten free, makes 12 bites
Cream Cheese Swirl
1/2 cup tofu cream cheese
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 cup gluten free baking mix
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
Ener-G Egg Replacer for 2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
3 Tbsp water
2 tsp instant coffee
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine brownie ingredients in large mixing bowl.
3. Pour batter into greased muffin tins.
4. Combine swirl ingredients. Microwave for 20 seconds – or until mixture melts and becomes creamy. Stir well. Remove any clumps.
5. Add swirl sauce to your plastic baggy – cut a small hole out of corner and swirl over top brownies in a thick swirl. The swirl will fade as baking occurs – so a thick swirl is a must. With a toothpick, create web designs.
6. Bake for 15 minutes – or until cooked through. Cool and serve.