Sriracha BrowniesHeather Saffer
Yields: 1 9″ × 13″ pan of brownies
Cashew Sriracha Frosting
- 3 cups roasted cashews, unsalted
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
1. Process the cashews in a food processor until they reach a butter-like consistency, about 5—10 minutes. You might have to stop the processor periodically and scrape the sides and bottom to keep the nuts moving around.
2. Whip butter in stand mixer until smooth. Add ground cashews and continue mixing 1—2 minutes, scraping down sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure it’s all incorporated. Add in powdered sugar and salt, and continue whipping until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Slowly mix in the Sriracha to desired heat.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 cup Cashew Sriracha Frosting plus remainder to frost tops of brownies (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter, sugar, and eggs, and mix until incorporated. Add cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder, and continue blending another 2—3 minutes. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl. Add chocolate chips and Sriracha, and mix until all ingredients are evenly combined.
2. Spread the brownie batter in a 9″ × 13″ pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
3. Swirl 1 cup of the Cashew Sriracha Frosting through the brownie batter with a butter knife. Bake for 35—40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool before cutting. Want your brownies extra frosted? Use the remainder of frosting to spread on top of the brownies!
Photos courtesy of Matt Wittmeyer Photography