It really is amazing how many unbelievably good recipes begin with Oreos. There is Oreo crust on pies, cookies-n-cream ice cream, oreo-stuffed brownies and cupcakes – and that is just the start. I found this awesome layered Oreo brownie on Averie Cooks the other day and decided to give them a try. It was a stormy day and we needed a little baking project. Plus, I wanted some sweet treats to give to our neighbor for her daughter’s birthday. These bars were easy to make and so delicious to eat. I highly recommend them for your St. Patrick’s Day feast!
Mint Chocolate Fudge Oreo Bars
30 Oreo cookies (regular cream filled)
3/4 stick (6 tablespoons), unsalted butter, melted
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk, divided
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Green food paste, one drop
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, then thoroughly spray with cooking spray, and set aside.
2. Combine the melted butter and Oreos in the food processor and process until smooth. Pat the mixture into the bottom of the 8×8 baking dish very firmly. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
3. Wait until the crust is cooled to begin making the fudge layers. Then, combine the white chocolate chips, 1/2 of the condensed milk, green food paste, and the mint extract in a heatproof bowl and set it over a pot of boiling water. Stir just until melted and smooth. Do not overheat or the chocolate will seize. Pour the warm mixture onto the cookie crust and smooth with a spatula.
4. Next, combine the semisweet chocolate chips and the remaining condensed milk in a heatproof bowl and set it over a pot of boiling water. Stir until just melted. Pour the mixture on top of the white chocolate layer and smooth with a spatula.
5. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and chill for at least four hours. Slice and serve!