Stacked Enchiladas — The Easiest Enchilada Recipe EverNicole Presley
Some people never get around to making enchiladas because they are afraid that they are hard to make. Others don’t really know how to conquer the enchilada sauce.
Let’s kill two birds with one stone! #1. Buy Old El Paso’s canned green chile enchilada sauce for a super tasty enchilada. #2. Don’t worry about rolling them — they taste just as delicious stacked. Watch the video below to see how. Enjoy!
Ingredients for stacked enchiladas:
- 12 king size corn tortillas
- 1 – can Old El Paso green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 – cups vegetable oil
- 1/3 – cup pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 – cup onion (diced into small pieces)
- 1- small can of black olives (sliced)
- 1/2 – package of queso fresco (crumbled)
- 1 – cup Monterey jack cheese (grated)
- In a small frying pan over a medium flame, add 1 cup of oil and allow it to get hot.
- In a larger frying pan, add 1/2 cup of oil over a medium flame and allow to heat, then pour in Old El Paso enchilada sauce.
- Fry a corn tortilla in the small frying pan until it is hard, but still slightly bendable.
- Then dip fried tortilla in enchilada sauce.
- Remover tortilla from enchilada sauce and place on a plate.
- Add a hearty sprinkle of jack cheese, olives, pepitas, onion, and queso fresco to the top of the tortilla.
- Then start the process all over again and stack the tortillas on top of each other to make a stack.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.