I happen to be a rice krispie treat kind of girl…. but needed a change-up for Christmas. Well with Christmas Eve and Christmas approaching like nobody’s business…. I remembered the cute little cornflake cookies my great grandma used to make when I was a little girl. They looked like little dumps of green blobs, but were crunchy chewy good. I thought, why don’t I make that same type of concoction, but instead of dropping them in blobs, making them into a wreath shape. I decided to make a big cornflake sticky wreath that we could all dig into. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Ingredients for sticky Christmas corn flake wreath:
- 3 – tablespoons butter
- 6 – cups mini marshmallows
- 6 – cups corn flakes
- green food coloring
- red sprinkles
- In a large pan over a medium flame melt the butter.
- Add in the marshmallows and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Stir in green food coloring until color desired is reached.
- Remove from flame.
- Stir in the corn flakes, until all flakes are completely coated.
- On a large plate with a little bowl positioned in the middle pour the corn flakes mixture around the little bowl.
- Then shape with your hands.
- Sprinkle with red sprinkles.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.