28 Festive 4th of July RecipesBabble Editors
Everyone thinks of two things when they think of the 4th of July — great food and red, white, and blue. But with these fun, festive recipes, you can have them both! Kids will love the patriotic hues, and you’ll love having a celebratory dish to die for.
1. 4th of July Sparkle Cones: Trick out your frozen treats with these eye-catching red, white, and blue sprinkled cones! With just three ingredients, it may be the simplest recipe to add some patriotic flair to your 4th of July menu.
2. Pastel de Tres Leches: Rest assured, this isn’t your ordinary fruitcake! Packed with fresh blueberries, strawberries, and whipped cream, this creamy treat makes for a refreshing addition to your Independence Day spread.
3. Red, White, and Blue Ice Cream Bread: Another super-simple dessert, this ice cream bread requires only two ingredients. Add flour to ice cream, and you’re just a few drops of food coloring away from a totally creative treat to celebrate the 4th of July.
4. Uncle Sam-Tini: No holiday would be complete without its own cocktail. This refreshing concoction is just the drink to wash down all that red, white, and blue food.
5. Patriotic Fruit Salad: Let the kiddies help out with this one. Use cookie cutters to shape your favorite fruits into the most American of shapes: stars!
6. 4th of July Whoopie Pies: The whoopie pie is an American staple. Food coloring makes this version more fun to eat — and the perfect opportunity for a kid photo-op!
7. Red Velvet Pancakes: We’ll salute to this breakfast! Pancakes get a patriotic upgrade when they’re made with luscious red velvet cake mix.
8. Cherry and Blueberry Star Pies in Jars: Celebrate with these portable mini pies — which happen to have colors perfect for the 4th — by bringing them to a family picnic.
9. Red, White, and Blue Snow Cones: Looking for a festive, kid-friendly treat to cool everyone off? These snow cones get our vote.
1o. Flag Cake: You might not have room for all 50 “stars” and 13 “stripes,” but your kids will have a blast assembling this nifty fruit flag on top of their favorite cake.
11. Patriotic Krispie Star Pops: These pretty Rice Krispie treats remind us of those 4th of July sparklers — except they’re edible!
12. Watermelon Almond Tart: We can’t believe it’s not cake! Who can resist such a well-decorated slice of this juicy summer fruit?
13. Jell-O Stars: If you’re feeling really ambitious (and patriotic), you could make one of these tri-layer Jell-O stars for each state in the U.S.
14. Red, White, and Blue Cake in a Jar: Baked in jars, these colorful cakes give you the, er, freedom to transport them wherever the 4th takes you!
15. Stuffed Strawberries: Half craft, half fruity treat to make with the kiddos. They come together in a snap!
16. Patriotic Jell-O Parfait: Looking for some lighter Independence Day fare? These Jell-O parfaits are easy on your waistline and your wallet!
17. Stars and Stripes Cupcakes: Win the vote of your partygoers by whipping up these cupcakes. (Don’t worry, they’re easier to make than you think!)
18. Red, White, and Blueberry Popsicles: A frozen treat you can feel good about, these pops are sweetened with just a bit of honey for that extra punch of sweetness.
19. Patriotic Chocolate Toffee Flag Bark: “Oh, say does that chocolate banner yet wave” … aren’t those the right words?
20. Blue Sprinkled Jelly-Filled Donuts: We’ll let you in on a secret: These little cuties aren’t “real” donuts. But they are way easier to make, with the same yummy results.
21. Colorful Star Cookies: Give little hands the liberty to decorate these star cookies however they want. It is a free country and all.
22. 4th of July Cake: We can just imagine the ooh-ing and aah-ing that’s bound to happen when your guests cut into a slice of this American flag cake.
23. Star-Shaped Donut Holes and Rings: Who says a donut hole has to be a circle? We took the liberty of bending the rules a little to make these fried puffs a little more patriotic.
24. Fireworks Cookies-on-a-Stick: This year, bring the fireworks into your kitchen with these pretty treats, which are just bursting with 4th of July spirit.
25. Firecracker Cupcake: Fireworks are one of the best parts about the 4th of July, and these insanely cool fireworks-inspired treats are no exception!
26. Festive Margaritas: Don’t forget to make a virgin batch of these frozen drinks so your little ones can toast in 4th of July in style too!
27. Red, White, and Blue Bomb Pops: Blast off! Get lifted this July 4th with one of these yummy fruit and vanilla popsicles — perfect for a hot and sweltering summer evening.
28. American Pride Cupcakes: Spruce up boring white cake mix with red, white, and blue marble swirls. Top with vanilla icing and colored sprinkles to make them the perfect 4th of July dessert!