Summer Peach Crisp with Pecans & Toffee Bitslaurasrecipes
He had me at Heath bar topping…. My friend and cookbook author, Chef David Lawrence is the master of delicious comfort food. During the summer, I consider fruit crisps to be serious comfort food. This recipe takes a basic crisp and elevates it to super stardom with little crunchy bits of toffee and pecans in the topping.
Summer Peach Crisp with Pecans & Toffee Bits
Ingredients for the Filling:
- 6 cups peaches, peeled and sliced (about 2.5 lbs)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 1 TBSP freshly squeezed lime juice
Ingredients for the topping:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 6 TBSP cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits (like Skor or Heath)
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- vanilla ice cream (for serving)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place six 1 1/4 ramekins on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, set aside.
Meanwhile, immerse the peaches in boiling water for 30 seconds, then place them in a bowl of ice water. Peel the peaches and slice them into thick wedges and place them into a large bowl. Add the sugar, brown sugar, flour and lime juice and blend well. Divide filling evenly among ramekins.
To make the topping, whisk flour, brown sugar and salt in a bowl to blend. Using fingertips, rub in butter until mixture holds together in clumps. Stir in toffee and pecans; sprinkle over filling.
Bake crisps until filling bubbles and topping is lightly golden brown (about 40 minutes.) Cool 10 minutes.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!